long, long ago Time, a bad view of social media could get me into an argument. Today, it just hastened my grumpy decline. My attempt to break out of the echo chamber was a brief experiment that nearly killed my faith in humanity. Despite the negative effects of doomscroll, I’m still hopelessly addicted to my phone and reluctant to delete my social media accounts. Thankfully, there is another way.
Free yourself from the anger you create and the fear of missing out. Life is too short to subject yourself to the ramblings of every misguided relative, drunken friend, or half-acquaintance. Time to learn how to mute your voice. While we’re at it, you might also want to think about how to control who can see your posts and how to organize your social media accounts.
Table of contents
- What is mute?
- How to Mute Someone on Facebook
- How to mute someone on Twitter
- How to mute someone on TikTok
- How to mute someone on Instagram
- How to mute someone on LinkedIn
- How to mute someone on WhatsApp
When you mute someone on social media, you will no longer see what they post in your feed. Mute the chat and you will no longer receive notifications for new messages. You can still check out their profiles to see what they’ve posted or open up the group chat for messages you missed. The beauty of muting is that the person you muted doesn’t know you muted them.
Learning to mute people and groups is the best way to avoid potential conflicts of unfriending, blocking or leaving group chats. It might be healthier and more honest to cull your friend list, but the reality is that unfriending and blocking has real-world consequences. People will be offended. They may wonder why you blocked them. If you don’t want to deal with that, Mute is the way to go.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook
While Meta is rethinking the Facebook feed, removing all the posts you don’t want to see will still take some dedication. There are several ways to mute your voice on Facebook.
- Open Facebook.
- Go to the profile page of anyone you want to mute.
- click friends button and select unsubscribe from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, you can click the menu (three dots) next to any post in your feed that you don’t like and select Pause X 30 days temporarily mute, or unsubscribe mute them permanently.
- To mute a Facebook story, just long press on the story, select The story of Mute XThen select your preferred time frame (24 hours, 1 weekor indefinitely).
You can also mute and ignore people or group chats on Facebook Messenger. That’s it:
Leave a Reply